[Viscom-dev] Conference branding advice

Milton Lofberg milton.lofberg at autodesk.com
Tue Feb 20 16:36:14 EST 2007

Guys,

I have been necessarily standing off from promoting "ADSK the vendor" as
is our policy. We in Autodesk ANZ (and Asia Pacific, where communities
are growing e.g. Japan and Korea) are glad to help and in a personal,
professional capacity it's more than gratifying to see the same thing
happening in geospatial as has happened in the wider open source
communities for years.

Cameron and I did discuss the working principle of "Vendor as Supporter
of OSgeo" rather than the other way around, which is always a
risk/temptation for some. (BTW 'vendor' may be services or product').

If there is general informal agreement with this principle then I think
that gives us a good platform to approach this year's events.

Looking forward to any other comments.

Cheers