[Viscom-dev] FW: Francophone Local chapter and GeoEvenementtradeshow

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Mon Feb 26 13:23:05 EST 2007

In the same vein as my last post, I do believe that Open Source is an
interesting enough topic and well under-represented usually that you can
talk your way in to having conferences provide you with a booth.  Or at
least give heavy discounts for non-profit status and the like.

I also feel like we could sell t-shirts, or even OSGeo 'membership' that
comes with a t-shirt, directly at the booths and get these visibility
events to pay for themselves.  Could even have a 'pay it forward'
mechanism for the print collateral, a little tip jar and tell people
that their contributing a dollar to it when they take a brochure will
enable us to pay for similar stuff at the next event we do.  I do
believe if done right you can make this 'charming' and a nice contrast
to the highly corporate marketing efforts done by others.