[Viscom-dev] FOSS4G booth

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 31 06:25:12 EDT 2007

On Tue, July 31, 2007 02:19, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I just want to put this back on the viscom radar...
>

> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G2007_OSGeo_Booth
>

> We have a substantial spot (two booths together) to work with,
> including no booths across from ours which would be great for a lounge or
> something similar.
>
> Can we start brainstorming in email or the wiki?

Hi,
yes please do this. We have good experience doing it this way at several
occasions in Germany (FOSSGIS, LinuxTag, Intergeo), the links can all be
found in the Wiki. Unfortunately I am painfully inactive in VisCom and
will be for the next 10 days as I am on vacation (yet again, hehe). If
anybody feels full of volunteerism feel free to set up a table or list
where people can sign up and add a short description of what they want to
show. I would suggest to first prioritize OSGeo software and projects by
those who make this FOSS4G possible.

Keep logistics low at the booth. Just make sure to provide space for
notebooks (10?) and connectivity (if Wifi is stable - fine). We have the
OSGeo Flyers for all projects (except gvSIG but they have cool ones
already)

Will join the effort when I am back.

I propose we schedule a VisCom IRC meeting for August 15th 1800 UTC to see
how far we have progressed.

Thanks,

--
Arnulf Christl