[Viscom-dev] Merger with WebCom?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Mar 21 01:23:17 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Last week I floated the idea of merging WebCom and VisCom into something that I call ComCom (communications committee) on the WebCom list and it got a reasonable level of support.

Given that mpg is not continuing as Chair, I think that this would be an opportune time to merge the two memberships.  The division between these areas has been a bit of an ongoing struggle for me anyway...

Please let me know what you think.  If you'd like, we could discuss during the WebCom IRC meeting tomorrow too:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_Meeting_20070321 <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/WebCom_Meeting_20070321>

If we can agree on this, I'll forward a recommendation to the board for their approval.

Jason