[Viscom-dev] Software Project references

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu May 31 11:36:02 EDT 2007

I'd really like to give each project designated contact access to Drupal
so that they can maintain their contact pages there; VisCom can use that
content when updating the PDFs.  That way we (VisCom or WebCom) don't
have to be involved other than annoying them once in a while to update
it.  Twice a year?

Hmm.  Guess I'm going to have to make a project info sheet for FDO...

For full-on websites, I'd like to only create new websites
(project.osgeo.org) if the projects are going to use this as their
primary presence.  We need to avoid dilution of message, and having
multiple locations for each project is not helpful to new users.  We can
also easily create A records for project.osgeo.org pointing to their own
services if they want, but in that case I would recommend that they
adopt colour scheme and logo (not necessarily layout) from OSGeo
Branding Guide
http://www.osgeo.org/files/viscom/branding/OSGeo_logo_guide.pdf

I don't think that we should require or encourage wiki pages for these
projects.

Jason