[Marketing] Online Marketing...

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Mon Nov 19 15:23:01 EST 2007

> Just to clarify, the marketing proposal that Jeroen talks about is
> geared toward a bit of the broader picture - having material
> available, aligning branding across web site, brochures, etc.
> as well
> as discussing some of the key branding decisions we have to make.

Again, I have to ask who are we marketing to?  Examples might include
developers, potential commercial sponsors, the non-geo OS community,
media outlets, ..?

> - Phase 0 (current): preparation of basic logos, first gen of
> website, some basic design concepts
> - Phase 1: communication and design concepts, primary material
> developed (brochure templates and web site), and more

I'm okay with these two (subject to our understanding of the above
question).

> - Phase 2: web marketing focus, increasing search rankings,
> improving
> keywords, monitoring activity, and more.

I can understand making sure our website is navigable, but I'm not sure
I'd pay money for it.    Seems like we could watch our webstats
ourselves and do that.

I don't think that increasing our search ranking or our web presence
would be useful -- but, again, I'm not sure what audience we are trying
to reach.

-mpg