[Marketing] Online Marketing...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Nov 19 13:47:21 EST 2007

Daniele gave us a good presentation in Osaka, highlighting various
online marketing questions and ideas.  We had a great discussion and
it was a good reminder of the many things we can do.

Just to clarify, the marketing proposal that Jeroen talks about is
geared toward a bit of the broader picture - having material
available, aligning branding across web site, brochures, etc. as well
as discussing some of the key branding decisions we have to make.
Daniele's topic is more technical - how to improve search engine
rankings, usability of sites - all web-focused.  I prefer to see our
next generation of marketing as two phases (which could happen
simultaneously):
- Phase 0 (current): preparation of basic logos, first gen of
website, some basic design concepts
- Phase 1: communication and design concepts, primary material
developed (brochure templates and web site), and more
- Phase 2: web marketing focus, increasing search rankings, improving
keywords, monitoring activity, and more.

Does that make sense to others?

Tyler