[Marketing] Marketing plan part 3

Daniele daniele at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sun Nov 18 21:36:23 EST 2007

Dear all,

As Professor Venkatesh said in the last message, during the meeting held
in Osaka we had an interesting talk about online marketing.

In that opportunity, we discussed issues such as Search Engine
Marketing, Usability and Community approaches. We also talked about
making the website more navigable through tests made possible by the web
site's log data.

The internet is becomming the main tool to promote organizations, find
users and create retention (making a user stay longer on the website and
use it's service on a regular basis) on any place in the world. Internet
marketing is a meens in which to to find new users and contributers in a
structured and mensurable way. Different from other kinds of marketing
such as print. This kind of promotion allows the marketer to accuratelly
measure marketing initiatives through logs generated by a website's
activity. Through this form of promotion, it is possible to:

    *

      Improuve a website's usability

    *

      Track where the main activities are being placed

    *

      Measure conversions

    *

      Track improuvements made by marketing initiatives

For these resons, I think it is interesting to start a discussion about
what can be done in terms of online marketing.

I have included the talk's slides on the wiki @,

http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Osaka_2007#Online_Marketing

Kind regards,

Daniele.