[Marketing] Online Marketing...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 20 00:42:04 EST 2007

On 19-Nov-07, at 12:23 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:

>> - Phase 2: web marketing focus, increasing search rankings,
>> improving
>> keywords, monitoring activity, and more.
>
> I can understand making sure our website is navigable, but I'm not
> sure
> I'd pay money for it.    Seems like we could watch our webstats
> ourselves and do that.
>
> I don't think that increasing our search ranking or our web presence
> would be useful -- but, again, I'm not sure what audience we are
> trying
> to reach.

Please note that this thing I call Phase 2 is not even really a
proposal at this point and may, largely, be something volunteers can
do.  I just note it to show the logical progression of marketing
concepts that people have been talking about.  Phase 1 is the only
money hitter up to bat at this point.