[Viscom-dev] OSGeo Marketing strategy...

Jeroen Ticheler Jeroen at Ticheler.net
Mon Oct 8 18:40:45 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I just subscribed to the list, so excuse me if I run too fast :-)

During the OSGeo board meeting we discussed OSGeo's work on marketing
in the coming year. One thing was the paper work (flyers, journal,
conference stuff etc..) and the other area of focus would be the
website.

I have worked with a couple of excellent people on the GeoNetwork
opensource materials and have today discussed with them if we could
do something for OSGeo with them. Now, that obviously needs
discussion on this list :-)

I will meet them again tomorrow. I send this email not to push for
input before that meeting,  but it would be good to have a feeling
from those on the list if this is something I should be pushing a bit
more on? I am happy to dedicate energy on this aspect in the months
to come. I think OSGeo really needs to push on the marketing part of
things to get wider recognition and also a more visible "value for
money" message that can be used when discussing with potential
sponsors. I'm very keen to work on this and get all OSGeo outreach
better streamlined (web & paper & conference materials etc...)

Looking forward to hear some initial responses. Ciao,
Jeroen