[Marketing] Marketing plan part 2

venka.osgeo venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:25:49 EDT 2007

Dear Jeroen and All,

As a primarily online community, OSGeo marketing strategy
should also focus on online marketing. It maybe useful
to try out some Web Analytics to find out
experiences of visitors to the OSGeo web-site and to
consider ways and means of enhancing/improving the
"look and feel" of the OSGeo website and evolve
stratigies of online marketing.

Web Analytics tools could be used to derive meaningful
information my OSGeo web access logs that could help
to gain better insight on what users are looking for
and how we can better cater to their needs.

I have been having some discussions with my master student,
Daniele Menzes about taking up some project on Web Analytics.
Daniele has experience in using related tools (Urchin
which is now a part of Google now
http://www.google.com/support/urchin45/bin/answer.py?answer=28737)
and also has interest in online marketing stratigies.
We are looking into some open source tools for
Web Analytics.

We need a little more thinking on how to do about with doing
the web analytics for the OSGeo web-site. In the meantime, we
look forward for your suggestions and comments about
carrying out wen analytics and study on online marketing.

Maybe Daniele can join the OSGeo marketing list and give
her inputs too.

Kind regards

Venka