[Marketing] OSGeo Booth at CGS

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu Apr 10 10:51:28 EDT 2008

Alex Mandel wrote:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CGS_2008
>
> Proposed booth to table at the California Geographical Society to
> increase market share in the academic institutions of California. This
> conference is geared more towards the Cal State, Community College and
> High School educators as opposed to the University of California (UC)
> system, so it's an area that probably hasn't had as much marketing
> previously.
>
> Landon Blake and I will manage the table and have at least 3 additional
> volunteers to help since Chico is close to UC Davis where I've been
> running classes on OSGeo software.
>
> The only critical deadline is to book the booth before April 15th, which
> Landon negotiated to $75. Once we get the ok, which seemed to pass at
> the April 10th irc meeting who actually makes the payment?
>
> The wiki page contains price estimates of the supplies we'll need.
>
> Suggestions welcome,
> Alex

Hi Alex,
thanks for the wrap up. Marketing will fund the U$D 75,-, please contact Tyler Mitchell for where to send the invoice, etc.

Please contact Michael Gerlek (mpg) for 5 original OSGeo T-shirts (you, Landon and the three volunteers). He will send them to your postal address.

Michael,
as usual please get your reimbursement from Tyler.

Poster?! If you need them printed out at $50,- please make sure they can be reused a few times and then I think we can also put this on our bill.

If this process is OK for you please go ahead.

Committee:
Do we need to vote on this?  If yes:

I motion to spend the above specified amounts from the Marketing event support budget for CGS 2008 with Alex Mandel and Landon Blake acting as responsible contacts. http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CGS_2008

(this needs a second)