[Marketing] Exhibition Pack

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 1 12:29:03 EST 2008

One other aspect to think of .. who are you primarily trying to reach.
I see two primary groups -- and they would probably take two different
strategies if you want to get to them both:

1. End Users - hard to get to in the traditional GIS space since from
my experience most users of open source geospatial come from the IT
domain.
2. Software Developers - especially corporate interests who embed open
source geo technologies into their service/product offerings -- this
group can sometimes be found at geo events -- but also general IT
events.

These two groups are very distinct and require completely different
messages -- but are probably both very valuable to attract as they are
both instrumental to the ecosystem.

Dave
www.dmsolutions.ca