[Marketing] 2009 Budget Planning

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Mon Dec 8 13:22:50 EST 2008

As discussed at our last meeting[1], I've put some cost estimates
into the Exhibition Pack[2] and Marketing Budget[3] pages.

It's not critical to nail down the costs for the exhibition pack at
this point, but some general guidelines have been helpful.  It is,
however, critical that we agree on a general budget for the committee
for the year.  The board asked us to plan for around $50,000 budget.

I've summarised some of the main points we've discussed for the year,
including a bit more clarity on the website focus and phase 2 of our
communication plan.

Please review this and give your feedback:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Budget_2009

If there are no serious concerns over the next few days then I will
pass it on to the Finance Committee for formal approval.  I expect we
will review and modify the budget accordingly throughout the year but
this will at least help us get our priorities written down.  We can
discuss further at our next meeting as well if need be.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Meeting_2008.11.14
[2] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack
[3] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Budget_2009

Best wishes,