[Marketing] just some thoughts

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 14 00:06:10 EST 2008

On 13-Dec-08, at 5:09 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:

> We're not making flyers about Open Source itself or going to events
> that
> are completely unrelated to our user base,

Fortunately I think some other foundations out there could probably
give us a few brochures (or web pages) to keep handy for giving out
when people need more info about FOSS in general.  Similarly there
are some good overviews of the geospatial realm, GIS tools, etc.
available from a variety of fronts.  Enter OSGeo... talking about the
two together and highlighting how our tools help to get the job done.