[Marketing] extending the logo to a local chapter

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Dec 23 18:01:29 EST 2008

in the last meeting of the Board of the Spanish Local chapter
(board-es), we've focused on the need for a logo.
we have started a good number of initiative and we need to show a little
bit of branding.

Our idea is to have a variant of OSGeo logo like: "OSGeo-es" and to
translate or change "your open source compass".
We think that literal translation could result hilarious.

I've been talking about it with Jeroen in Valencia at the beginning of
December.
Jeroen said that it is technically easy but would make sense to open the
debate to make things properly.
I do agree.

as official local chapter, questions are:
- can we use the logo?
- can we extend it?
- car we change the "compass" phrase?

best regards