[Marketing] extending the logo to a local chapter

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Dec 24 14:25:58 EST 2008

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
>> can we extend it?
>>

> Only in approved ways.  For example, we've talked about adding an icon to the logo for things like "Associate Member" or "Member Project" -- I think adding a similarly styled icon that says "España" or "Cascadia" or whatever would be great.

We are not "España" we are the "OSGeo Spanish Language chapter". We had
a "hot" debate about the short name for "Capítulo Local de la comunidad
hispano-hablante de OSGeo". The result has been: "OSGeo-es".
This could change a little bit from the actual styled icon, but I'm sure
we can find a solution.
>> can we change the "compass" phrase?
>>

> Not the en-us version, no.  But certainly adding a new officially translated version would be great.

good,  we'll start evaluating a translation with the community.

> (Feliz Navidad!)

same to you MPG,
thanks
Lorenzo