[Marketing] Re: [Board] Re: Teach-in 2009

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Jun 1 12:15:52 EDT 2008

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Well, we are going in circles. Paul says "no policy", I say "please let's
> define it first", Paul says "no policy", I say ... I'll stop that now.
> Or we make it simply a board motion if we want or don't want a policy
> before the first branded "OSGeo Teach-in" happens.

Markus,

Perhaps you would like to outline a draft policy?

I would be pleased if we had some sort of policy on this sort of
activity before making a decision, though I don't consider it critical.

My hope is that we can reach some conclusion on this topic at our
upcoming board meeting scheduled for June 6th.  Till then it isn't
necessary for us to reach consensus, though I'd appreciate folks at
least getting their opinions out for consideration before then so
we aren't hearing too many ideas for the first time in the phone call.

Best regards,