[Marketing] SVN structure

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 14 00:03:28 EDT 2008

On 13-Jun-08, at 7:57 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Last time I checked Scribus PDF output options actually worked
> (compress etc.) and Open Office did not(haven't tried 2.4 yet). It
> also supports color management and is one of the few applications
> that does.

One reason I used scribus initially was that I used a template, then
imported the descriptions, etc. from text files.  It wasn't perfect
but helped me streamline the process.

I'm philosophically opposed to ODP as a standard for anything but
presentations.  Not because I think Scribus is needed, merely because
I think we should use drawing formats - that would be Open Document
Graphics (ODG) vs ODP.  At least in OpenOffice most of the same tools
are likely available no matter which mode you're in.  (Though I see
Layers are not an option in Impress mode).

Trivial details I'm sure :)