[Marketing] New draft logos

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Tue Mar 18 18:41:00 EDT 2008

On 17-Mar-08, at 12:29 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:

> Sorry if I'm late replying, I've been on vacation...
>
> As I said on IRC a couple weeks ago, I strongly urge no change to the
> current set of logos.
>
> Rationale: we paid considerable $$$ to PushDesign for these a couple
> years ago, and I don't see any need to change our logo style or color
> scheme.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with Michael on this,
especially as I start to consider all the places our logo would need
to be changed (ack!).  I'm not so worried about the cost if we have a
clear motive and purpose.  Do we feel a change is necessary and are
we willing to make the change "across the board".. everywhere that it
will need it?

Initially I thought we were only going to be tweaking the logo to
make it more usable in certain contexts, and to add the additional
tag lines.  I must have misunderstood, but it didn't sink in until we
got this spread of new logo options.

I'm not afraid of change, but I'm reluctant on this aspect.
Essentially I want to be sure that the benefit is clear to the
community and supporters.   I may be convinced to give it my vote if
our rationale is clearer.

Still thinking about it...