[Marketing] New draft logos

Daniele daniele at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Mar 25 03:53:43 EDT 2008

Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> We also have this page:
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/VisibilityStats#Google_Hits_for_.22osgeo.22
>
> I hadn't it updated in six months, so I just did it now: I'm not sure
> how meaningful it is, though, as the numbers seem to have dropped a lot
> since last year? :-(
>
> -mpg

Thanks for updating the stats... nice to have them. Yes the hits have
declined, but that is not something to be worried about as they are
actually not visitors but hits on the web server. We have experienced a
large increase in unique visitors (which is great). So if we look at
this metric (Unique visitors), the picture is actually more real to what
is actually happening to OSGeo`s visibility than what it a appears to be
if we look at Hits.

I mean, usually it is better to track a websites visibility through
Unique Visitos rather than Hits or even page views.