[Marketing] Exploring opportunities for OSGEO contributions to the GSDI Regional SDI Newsletters

Paul Box paulbox101 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 01:30:16 EDT 2008

Hi Tyler,

As you suggest, the sharing of articles between publications is a good start
and I will certainly include links to the most relevant articles and to the
journal itself and you would be welcome to re-produce articles from the SDI
newsletters. We are a little constrained by the current PDF format of the
newsletter in terms of article length but we can include summaries of longer
article posted on your site.

In terms of planed OSGEO themes/issues articles, do you have any
themes/issues in mind? Perhaps we could come up with several themes issues
and try to find folks from in and outside of the OSGEO community to pull
them together. Some examples of the kinds of themes that I feel would be
useful to the neophyte SDI community include:
..	An xml focused overview - looking at the role of XML GML, and KML
etc with XML GML (how its used in a couple of applications) focus on the
practical issues of data conversion from RDMS to XML might be useful
..	Role of OSGEO in building an SDI Possible - OSGEO stack for SDI
..	Relationship between OSGEO and open standards

Not sure that this type of basic, educationally-focused content would be
consistent with the OSGEO journal readership. Happy to discuss ways we in
which we could try and work on this collectively.

Cheers,

Paul