[Marketing] AAG 2009 Proposal

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 03:48:35 EDT 2008

Alex,
I don't expect you will get a commitment from the Marketing Committee
before Tyler returns (on Monday).

Even then, OSGeo's budget is small, ~ $3K per local chapter. And I'd
argue that OSGeo doesn't have resources to fully fund participation at
any event.

I suggest you approach local Open Source industry who will be at the
conference. You may be able to share a booth with them.

Commercial Support for Open Source is key to the user value proposition,
and without it Open Source uptake will be limited.