[Marketing] AAG 2009 Proposal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 8 10:43:38 EDT 2008

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Alex,
> I don't expect you will get a commitment from the Marketing Committee
> before Tyler returns (on Monday).
>
> Even then, OSGeo's budget is small, ~ $3K per local chapter. And I'd
> argue that OSGeo doesn't have resources to fully fund participation at
> any event.

Folks,

I would like to stress that OSGeo does not have a "per chapter"
marketting budget. The budget is applied strategically by the
committee - not on a basis of chapter-equality.

> I suggest you approach local Open Source industry who will be at the
> conference. You may be able to share a booth with them.

This is certainly a good idea.  And I agree that it will be hard to get
any action from the committee before Tyler's return.

Best regards,