[Marketing] Introduction

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Fri Oct 17 08:25:56 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 08:56 +0200, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
> Hi Tim,
> I think you should stop emphasizing we lack any marketing expertise...
> I think most of us have done marketing work (even if not full time
> with a formal marketing training) and we have contributed our best
> efforts on a voluntary basis to OSGeo marketing. Reading and hearing
> this comment over and over is demotivating to me and puts me at the
> point of removing myself from the Marketing committee, seriously.
>
> Besides that, I very much welcome new people joining and contributing
> to this underestimated, important task OSGeo has. So welcome Miguel!

Very sorry Jeroen.  I'm probably more channeling my own lack of
expertise and discomfort at trying to help in a marketing role.  It's
not something I'm comfortable with, though I do well appreciate the need
for it which is why I'm here.  I'll pull my head in on that score :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake
when you make it again.