[Marketing] Re: [Foss4g2008loc] FOSS4G 2008 in the media

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Sep 17 11:44:11 EDT 2008

On 17-Sep-08, at 7:07 AM, Gavin Fleming wrote:

> The release did go to the OSGeo marketing list last week, I didn't
> get any feedback so I hope it went to your whole media list. Did it?

We discussed it at our meeting and there was the question I was just
asking you - where else did it go?  So that we didn't spend time
duplicating effort or looking unorganised while repeat sending.

It's unclear to me if/which outlets have been approached, are they in
this page?  Or is that just a copy of our marketing page.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/
FOSS4G2008_Communication#Public_Relations_list_of_media_that_can_be_cont
acted_through_Marketing

Sorry for marketing being slow on this, but we're quite short of
volunteers who spend the significant time to get through this.  Any
on the list want to help send out press releases - basically using
this distribution list and copying the text from the latest FOSS4G
2008 advert.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Press_Release_Process#Distribution