[Marketing] Re: Zero cents for translation and localization!

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Thu Jan 8 18:30:24 EST 2009

Hi Marc,

Yeah, I'm happy to do some 'mopping up'. Of course you could delegate
work to people too if you don't want to do all the work yourself.
There are more dutchies active within OSGeo than just the three of us
(maybe not all of them subscribed to this list).

So, here is my suggestion:
      * Make the dutch version (preferable the latest version) available
        for download
      * Setup a page (somewhere on the OSGeo wiki?) and divide the
        booklet into bite size sections in a table format: 1 row per
        section, 2 columns: 1 for the section name, the other for the
        name of the person that translates the section
      * Every person that will work on a section will write down her/his
        name
      * Send an email to discuss at osgeo asking for volunteers. Hey, isn't
        there a Dutch list as well?
      * After the booklet is translated into English and proof read,
        others can translate from there, unless of course there are
        volunteers that speak both Dutch and say, Spanish of course.
        They could start straight away!

What do you think of this?

Cheers, Roald

--
Roald de Wit
Software Engineer
roald.dewit at lisasoft.com

Commercial Support for Open Source GIS Software
http://lisasoft.com/LISAsoft/SupportedProducts/

The contents of this email are confidential and may be subject to legal or professional privilege and copyright. No representation is made that this email is free of viruses or other defects. If you have received this communication in error, you may not copy or distribute any part of it or otherwise disclose its contents to anyone. Please advise the sender of your incorrect receipt of this correspondence.