[Marketing] OSGeo Branding ...end of the road?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 20:24:25 EDT 2009

Marketing:

I have been pushing to improve the use of the OSGeo branding on the
organization website - and have gotten little response. I have had the
geotools website done up according to what I could figure out:
- http://www.geotools.org/

That experiment is now at an end (feedback was that the crop circle
background was too crazy for a website; and that there was no sense
using the branding if OSGeo was not into the game). As such we are
going to move over to the following work in progress:
- http://test.geotools.org/

In the course of this I have identified several items needing attention:
- we need to update the OSGeo Logo usage pdf (to reflect font and Color choices)
- the branding materials should follow the usage pdf; we should hunt
down the name of the fonts actually used etc

I think all my design process emails were sent to this list; if anyone
has any questions let me know.

Jody