[Marketing] OSCON and O'Reilly

Venka venka.osgeo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 18:39:39 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I think there are a bunch of other publishers who
could also be approached if it has not been done
so already.

* Geomorphometry: concepts, software,applications*. Elsevier
* Open Source Approaches to Spatial Data Handling.Springer
* Applied Spatial Data Analysis with R (Use R). Springer
* Beginning MapServer: Open Source GIS Development. Apress
* GIS for Web Developers: Adding 'Where' to Your Web
   Applications. Pragmatic Bookshelf
* Desktop GIS: Mapping the Planet with Open Source Tools.
   Pragmatic Bookshelf
* Open Source GIS: A GRASS GIS Approach. Springer
* The KML Handbook: Geographic Visualization for the Web
   Addison-Wesley Professional

There are also a couple of FOSS4G related book in
lulu.com which could also be promoted at FOSS4G2009
to encourage new authors.

* Remote Sensing Raster Programming - A First Code Base
   http://www.lulu.com/content/6138603
* A Practical Look At MapWindow GIS
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/a-practical-look-at-mapwindow-gis-(1st-edtion)/1238456
* GRASS 6.0 in a Nutshell
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/grass-60-in-a-nutshell/422702
* MapWinGIS Reference Manual: A function guide for the free MapWindow
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/mapwingis-reference-manual-a-function-guide-for-the-free-mapwindow-gis-activex-map-component/1041152

It has been my hope that an "OSGeo GIS Book" would be
released some day but does not seem to be happening at
least at FOSS4G2009.

Best

Venka