[Marketing] guidelines to change/combine the OSGeo-Logo into localchapter Logos

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 3 04:14:22 EDT 2009

As I've stated before in the marketing meetings, a logo like this seems
fine as long as it is accompanied by the regular OSGeo logo and not used
instead of it. Or as Jody points out if you want to use the logo you've
shown as the tagline - like the blue text in
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/logo/png24/125/OSGeo_project.png
Then that also might be acceptable.

In terms of the materials governing the use of the logos, I think we
just haven't gotten around to writing them up the same way the old logo
had usage guidance. There are also some proposed alternate color schemes
that came from the artists who we paid to make the new marketing
materials. Of Course that may partly have to do with this unanswered
question of how to handle chapter logos.

Alex