[Marketing] guidelines to change/combine the OSGeo-Logo into localchapter Logos

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at free.fr
Wed Jun 3 05:47:12 EDT 2009

Hello,

This thread is interesting the OSGeo-fr local chapter as we are creating our
logo, I join an url where you can find a draft (the final one will be closed
to them) : http://osgeo.gloobe.org/osgeo/doku.php/Actualites

I suppose that send an email to the marketing ML could be a temporary process
for accepting LC logo to avoid logo problem later. :)

Thanks in advance,

Y.
Le Wednesday 03 June 2009 10:14:22 Alex Mandel, vous avez écrit :
> As I've stated before in the marketing meetings, a logo like this seems
> fine as long as it is accompanied by the regular OSGeo logo and not used
> instead of it. Or as Jody points out if you want to use the logo you've
> shown as the tagline - like the blue text in
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing/logo/png24/125/OSGeo_project.
>png Then that also might be acceptable.
>
> In terms of the materials governing the use of the logos, I think we
> just haven't gotten around to writing them up the same way the old logo
> had usage guidance. There are also some proposed alternate color schemes
> that came from the artists who we paid to make the new marketing
> materials. Of Course that may partly have to do with this unanswered
> question of how to handle chapter logos.
>
> Alex
>
> Jody Garnett wrote:
> > We are kind of in limbo right now ...
> > - the origional logo has a very good use guideline
> > - the new logo has nothing (it does use a specific colour of blue for
> > use under the OSGeo (for "project", "committee" etc...)
> > - the new marketing materials ignore all of this and place the logo
> > ontop of a complicated background
> >
> > With this in mind I would not have a problem with you using your
> > special color of orange for the tagline; but would like to make sure
> > that word "OSGeo" remains in its traditional color (if that is even
> > part of your logo). Do you have a sample that you could email the
> > list?
> >
> > Jody
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V.
> >
> > <marco.lechner at fossgis.de> wrote:
> >> Dear marketing-committee, dear Tyler and Arnulf,
> >>
> >> referencing the meeting of the marketing-committee from january ([1-4])
> >> the FOSSGIS e.V. who represents german language OSGeo local chapter
> >> D-A-CH created a new logo for the FOSSGIS association itself including
> >> the function of representing OSGeo in the german language countries.
> >> IMHO the guidelines for local chapters are still not fixed and that
> >> brings us in a little problem. Unlike the other local chapters we had to
> >> change the colors of the OSGeo-Logo elements to fit our logo [0]. The
> >> main color of the FOSSGIS/OSGeo D-A-CH is a specific orange, referencing
> >> on the big and significant FOSSGIS-conference hosted by OSGeo lc D-A-CH
> >> since years (even before FOSSGIS e.V. officially became an OSGeo local
> >> chapter). The logo of the OSGeo lc D-A-CH was chosen by a contest and
> >> therfore came out to be integrative - bringing together the tradition of
> >> FOSSGIS e.V. (fka GAV e.V.), OSGeo and the FOSSGIS-conference. the whole
> >> contest was transparent all the time and surely tracked by Arnulf and
> >> other german OSGeo activists.
> >> Before we start producing a bunch of marketing stuff (banners, roll-ups,
> >> flyers, ...) I want to be clear that the usage of the logo will be
> >> declared compatible with our function of representing the OSGeo in D, A
> [...]

Yves Jacolin

Ne demandez pas si vous pouvez contribuer, contribuer ! :)
---
http://softlibre.gloobe.org