[Marketing] Brochure now live...

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 11 22:55:47 EDT 2009

Hi Tyler:

Thanks for posting these - http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Material_Samples

I noticed I was pestering you off list about this stuff when you had
started a perfectly reasonable discussion thread here.

I am working through slide and workbook templates for some FOSS4G
material and will use this as a starting point. So far I have run into
several problems ...

There is lot to like here:
- the background is great; nice and bright and cheerful and still
interesting especially on the workbook cover
- I wonder if we should substitute in the appropriate OSGeo logo for
the orgnaization or project putting together the materials? OSGeo -
project, OSGeo - sustaining sponsor etc...

The slides leave me cold:
- the green text will vanish on almost any overhead projector (the
color range is less on a projector and goes down over time)
- need more elbow room for content; especially if any diagrams are
used - I would hate to make them small and hard to read.
- the OSGeo logo leading ahead of each individual slide title is a
gets in the way of narrative. Moving the heading up to the right of
the logo does not help much; it provides more room for diagrams but
then the slide reads wrong; you end up reading the logo each time
rather than the title

I wrote some of this into a blog post
(http://how2map.blogspot.com/2009/05/osgeo-templates-through-years.html).

Jody