[Marketing] Marketing material, Where 2.0, Committee Membership

Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Thu May 21 11:00:54 EDT 2009

Folks,
I am at Where 2.0 and work with the current marketing material and must
say: It is really good! Thanks to all who put in their time and for making
it possible that it ended up at the right place at the right time.

Alex Mandel has managed to squeeze all required information on the back
side of the generic OSGeo v-card (find it in the SVN [1]). I suggest that
you grab that file get it printed and always have a few of them on you. It
is an excellent way to point people to the corresponding project on our
website.

On top of this I want to suggest to become just a shade more formal with
Marketing Committee membership. Not so much to complicate things but to
better honor activity and to become more agile in taking decisions. I
suggest that we should welcome new members to the committee by vote. This
might also give people more authority. I'd like to see OSGeo v-cards with
people's names on them instead of the general info at ... But we need to make
sure that we know who appears as an OSGeo member, if only to make them
feel a bit more at home and responsible in their role. If this still
sounds half baked it probably is, maybe we can discuss this at one of the
next meetings.

Best regards,
Arnulf.

[1]