[Marketing] Marketing material, Where 2.0, Committee Membership

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu May 21 13:22:50 EDT 2009

On 21-May-09, at 8:00 AM, Arnulf Christl (OSGeo) wrote:

> Folks,
> I am at Where 2.0 and work with the current marketing material and
> must
> say: It is really good! Thanks to all who put in their time and for
> making
> it possible that it ended up at the right place at the right time.

Thanks a lot for the feedback!  It's a bit unnerving to have new
products shipped directly to Alex without me having seen the actual
hardcopies - so it's great to know they turned out well.  There are a
few more products coming together, but I'm thrilled to have a
complete package now that I can start to pull together for potential
sponsors.

For those who want to preview some of the products see:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Material_Samples

> Alex Mandel has managed to squeeze all required information on the
> back
> side of the generic OSGeo v-card (find it in the SVN [1]). I
> suggest that
> you grab that file get it printed and always have a few of them on
> you. It
> is an excellent way to point people to the corresponding project on
> our
> website.

Really nice work Alex!

> On top of this I want to suggest to become just a shade more formal
> with
> Marketing Committee membership.

It is a good time to review our membership as well.  Let's follow up
when the dust settles and we get back to our next meeting.

Thanks for reporting from the event Arnulf!