[Marketing] a banner server?

Sergiusz Pawlowicz sergiusz at pawlowicz.name
Fri Aug 27 20:14:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 21:22, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

hi!

> I can see the value of listing OSGeo related events (conferences) on the
> website.
> (Although I am aware that rotating content is often seen as distracting and
> annoying).

banner does not have to rotate, we can have a policy against some
zones. we need to define a few example zones for interested people and
leave them a decision what sort of adverts they want to display

> I wonder if it is possible to include a banner based upon physical location.
> Eg: only German speaking countries get to see the banner for the German
> speaking GeoFOSS conference.

yes: http://www.openx.org/docs/2.4/userguide/banner-delivery-limitations

cheers
s.