[Marketing] Mind Map defining OSGeo Marketing pipeline

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:09:39 EDT 2010

One of the OSGeo incubation questions is "Marketing material has been
created about the project for the OSGeo Marketting Committee
<http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Marketing_Committee>." [1]
However, us marketing committee could probably do a better job defining
what we expect from projects in order to support marketing.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I think part of our
problem is that we have don't have a clear understanding about our
marketing pipeline. Once we know what our pipeline looks like, we can
then define the documents which fit that pipeline.

So attached is my thoughts on what I think our marketing pipeline is,
and a start at defining what the documents should be for these deliverables.

I'm interested to hear feedback.

I see the next steps to be to build a matrix of projects and sources of
documents where we can find this material. We can then prioritise which
documents we expect from OSGeo projects, and which documents are
desirable, or not required.

My interest is that we need a number of these documentation requirements
for the LiveDVD (and we already have a definition and description for
each project we support).
I'd like to expand out the level of documentation to include stock OSGeo
powerpoints for the OSGeo stack. ... other material to follow.

The attached mind map was created using simplemind.

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/incubator/process/project_graduation_checklist.html

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect