[Marketing] Fwd: OSGEO Track at GITA

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 17:22:40 EST 2010

  Tyler,
I think this is a good opportunity for OSGeo. I suggest forwarding to
OSGeo Discuss asking for people who may be interested in presenting and
man the booth.

Henry,
I suggest that you also include the OSGeo-Live DVD [1] in every
delegate's showbag. These DVDs have been one of the most highly sought
after items at the OSGeo booths that I have been at as it has all the
best Open Source GeoSpatial Software preinstalled and ready to trial.
The DVD will also be an promotional item for the FOSS4G conference,
having people wanting to come back for more.
We can provide you with an ISO image, and artwork for the cover, and all
you need to cover is the printing cost. $4 per DVD should cover it.

[1] http://live.osgeo.org

On 10/11/2010 7:39 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Hi all, check out this great opportunity with the organisers who are
> also helping run FOSS4G with us next year. One thrust of this idea is
> to help get OSGeo lots of airtime at this event in April, so people
> plan for FOSS4G in September. Please review the attached and give your
> ideas.
>
> * Will you attend the GITA meeting in Grapevine in April?
> (http://www.gita.org/events/annual/11/GITA_CFP.html)
>
> * Would you be available to help with an OSGeo booth there?
>
> * Would you be interested in presenting?
>
> If so, then we can also put out a call for papers and pre-select a few
> to put into this track that we can run. Over a dozen papers over a few
> days, it's a pretty great offer and no strings attached.
>
> Tyler

> Tyler Mitchell
>
> Executive Director, OSGeo
>
> tmitchell at osgeo.org