[Marketing] OSGeo Google+ Account

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 8 13:15:52 EST 2011

On 11/08/2011 09:43 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Jody,
>
> Did you by any chance create the OSGeo Google+ account?  I'm
> wondering how we ought to manage it.  Based on the following
> post by Robert Scoble I'm a bit nervous that managing it will be
> challenging.
>
>   http://tinyurl.com/d52zfzp
>
> I'm thinking we need an active effort to keep information
> flowing via the OSGeo Google+ and Twitter accounts at higher
> velocity than I might do for the main announce list, and the
> main web site news posts.
>
> Best regards,

We should at the very least squat a Google+ page until we figure out
what to do with it. In the past we've also tried to keep up with
facebook's ever changing landscape but that's only been mildly
successful. I agree that we probably need a volunteer who specifically
wants to be the Social Media kingpin and handle Google+,Twitter,Facebook
etc.

Then we'll need to have a discussion to set the rules about what should
be sent via those channels.

Thanks,
Alex