[Marketing] Re: OSGeo Google+ Account

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 22:39:53 EST 2011

Hi Frank:

Yes I did; figured I created the OSGeo thread on google wave; I may as well try my luck with google+.

There is some evidence that several people can manage a page; but I have not found a volunteer to try that on. Do you mind if I try that with your google+ id?
- My thought was to have the page follow "charter members" and call it day.
- The Pages such as OSGeo do list their followers; which is half the fun of people following a page like OSGeo.

Thus far I spent ages trying to find (and then finally create) a square OSGeo logo; uploaded a few pictures; and filled in links to the website etc...
- https://plus.google.com/101749668136525815391/about

There are requests by google to cross link this post to our website with a goggle+ badge (http://www.google.com/support/plus/bin/answer.py?hl=en&p=direct_connect&answer=1711199). However the expected functionality (type "+Open Source Geospatial Foundation') already works so I cannot see the value.

-- Jody Garnett