[Marketing] Status of the Marketing Committee

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Thu Nov 10 11:38:54 EST 2011

> Straight forward answers are appreciated.

(1) I think much of this can be pushed down to the local chapters (LCs), with the only things staying at the "central node" of the hive would be things like maintaining a library of current collateral; this should be volunteer driven.  Is there any need for dealing with physical objects, e.g. I don't see shipping of booth materials listed below?

(2) I'd like to see a set of guidelines put together for LCs to use to request funds (similar to what I did for code sprints), and delegate a small team to review & approve such requests.  (Such a team would likely have one board member and two volunteers.)

(3) In my slowly-clarifying view of how OSGeo could operate, I'd like to see the Marketing Committee be able to simply go away.

(4) If we as a board decide to take on paid staff for strategic issues (as opposed to admin stuff), then those people would own marketing functions.

-mpg