[Marketing] OSGEO -> OSGeo, really

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Oct 26 11:44:09 EDT 2011

Markus,

     Thanks for paying attention to the wiki.  The wiki is better when at
least some people are paying attention.  I made those pages I know that it
is OSGeo.  I thought that our local chapter was staying off the brand by
using PDX-OSGEO.  In the case of
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGEO_Local_Chapter_recognition it is a left over
legacy and was left as a redirect.  I deleted the redirect and someone from
SAC can delete the page.

     Is it preferable for the local chapter to use PDX-OSGEO or PDX-OSGeo?
In the past, there has been some problems of locals or projects running
afoul of being too close to the brand.  We don't want to do that.

Thanks, Eli