[Marketing] MOTION: Fund exhibition pack for OSGeo.nl

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 23:23:39 EDT 2012

On 06/04/12 02:26, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 04/05/2012 06:40 AM, Seven (aka Arnulf) wrote:
>> Marketeers,
>> please discuss the following motion or vote directly if you are in
>> favor. Given the easter break the vote will be open for a week from now.
>>

>> Motion:
>> I herewith motion to allocate US$ 1200,- from Marketing funds to be
>> used by the OSGeo.nl Local Chapter to acquire exhibition material. The
>> OSGeo Exhibition Pack [1] is a good list of what might make sense but
>> OSGeo.nl is not bound to this list and can spend this money on their
>> own discretion.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Arnulf.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack
>>
>> PS:
>> This is also a check for vital signs of this committee.
>>
> I am in favor of allocating some funds but I'd like to see the list of
> items and estimates because the current estimate seems high. It sounds
> like they really need a table cover and pop-up banner which should only
> be ~ $400-600 US. If it was closer to that amount I'd be more willing,
>
> Maybe some others in the region can help find reasonably priced
> retailers of the products needed.
>
> FYI, I'm removing/moving literature stand from the Exhibition pack list
> as it turns on that a $20 plastic sorter that sits on the table is just
> as good for the amount of materials at a typical booth.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

I agree with Alex. I will vote positively to fund an exhibition pack, in
line with a budget proposed by Alex. But before we get there, I'd like
to see someone work out the costs of creating the material. Ie go out
and get some quotes.

Willy, Jo,
I'd imagine that you would likely be the people most motivated to do the
research?

Jo,
Are you still interested in getting funding for a UK starter kit?

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally