[Marketing] Latinoware 2012

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 16:14:35 PDT 2012

Jody,
Congratulations on obtaining this keynote presentation.
Your outline for a presentation looks good.
If you can link up with the local OSGeo Chapter, the local chapter are
able to request an OSGeo Exhibition Pack [1].
Consumable items such as OSGeo-Live DVDs are available for printing, but
you will need to source someone to sponsor the print run.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack

On 25/08/2012 11:54 AM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Good morning:
>
> I have been quite on this list for a while (focusing on the incubation
> committee for a bit). I have an upcoming speaking engagement[1], as an
> OSGeo advocate and thought I would check in with the marketing committee.
>
> Keynote
> - Main point is the value joining a foundation can provide a project
> - Second point is how much fun spatial data can be to work with
> - Perspective of OSGeo Foundation and Incubation, with a bit on
> Eclipse Foundation and LocationTech
> - I will have to create a fair bit of the information on incubation
> - I would like to draw on previous presentations in describing the
> foundation (any suggestions?)
> - While I am a bit freaked given the other keynotes present[2] I am
> sure I will do fine.
>
> OSGeo projects
> - Going to go from the OSGeo Live Presentation
> - Use the full list to introduce categories of spatial software
> - Only provide details on the OSGeo projects
> - This presentations is *always* too long and not engaging so
> suggestions are welcome
>
> GeoServer / GeoTools
> - Apparently GeoServer is really popular in Brasil, geoserver-devel is
> helpfully feeding me material
> - A bit of GeoTools to cover the 8.0 release
>
> The good news is that costs covered. If the marketing committee has
> any hands outs, live dvds or so on they would need to be sent to me
> (or sent to the event site).
> [1] http://2012.latinoware.org/?lang=en
> [2[ http://2012.latinoware.org/?page_id=228

Cameron Shorter