[Marketing] Please add your OSGeo Advocate profile, and provide feedback

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Wed Jun 13 00:58:25 PDT 2012

Bien dicho Jorge,
same question here. I tweaked my profile page a bit to make it
shorter, like Jorge i?y regular profile also has a map, contact data,
etc. making the whole thing rather long. Once we have a dozen user
profiles the page will grow too big. Maybe after all it makes more
sense to only add the link to the user page? Otoh it is nice to have
the list together.

Whatever the outcome - this is a good start, thanks Cameron!

Best regards,
Arnulf

On 12.06.2012 22:54, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> On 12 June 2012 00:59, Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> OSGeo marketing committee,
>>
>> I've created a template and process to allow people to add their
>> profiles as OSGeo Advocates. Within the next week, by 19 June,
>> could you all please try following the profile writing
>> instructions, and add your own profiles.
>>
>> I'd like to test the template against yourselves first and make
>> sure it is easy to follow, and also to collect any feedback you
>> might have, before we go to the rest of the OSGeo community.
>>
>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Advocate#Process_for_becoming_an_OSGeo_Advocate
>>

> Hi Cameron,
>
> I've updated my user page[1] at the wiki with your template,
> improving my description, updating tasks and so on. Apart from the
> template y have:
>
> - a link to OSM map with my coordinates on the location section. -
> a section regarding my time zone - the macro for the users map
>
> So I think the profile looks better but I don't know if I should
> add myself to the advocate list right now as I'm just a lurker on
> this list. It would be an honour indeed.
>
> Cheers! [1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Jsanz

- --
Exploring Space, Time and Mind
http://arnulf.us