[Marketing] How should OSGeo Marketing spend $10K

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 15:48:38 PDT 2013

Eli,
Our past experience estimating costs of supporting conferences and
marketing material is that there are lots of OSGeo related events around
the world (45 last year which made use of OSGeo-Live), and costs of
covering such promotional material is expensive, typically $1,000 to
$2,000 at least to cover all conference expenses).

So what the marketing committee do cover is an Exhibition Pack per local
chapter, which does have some space in it for shirts for attendees.
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack

What I'm proposing is that we now cover a bit more of the consumable
items, and I've noticed at past conferences that the most interesting
thing attendees pick up is the OSGeo-Live DVD.