[Marketing] PDX request for Exhibition Pack and OSGeo Live DVD and USB funds - proposal for voting

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 14:26:59 PDT 2013

OSGeo Marketing:
I propose we approve the spending of up to:
$100 for consumables
$200 for non consumables

+1 from me.

Elli,
As you deadline is fast approaching, I'll make a call as Marketing chair
on what is in and out of scope based on what I think we can afford if
applied to all expected requests for funding:

As you have explained, this conference definitely qualifies as an event
promoting OSGeo in that OSGeo is being provided a booth for free, and
speaking slots on OSGeo topics.

Also, there doesn't seem to be direct matching funds for printing costs,
so I suggest OSGeo should pay: ($2 per DVD) * (10% * 400 delegates) +
($20 to round up) = $100. You may use this for printing of DVDs or USBs
or printed material. Your choice.

For non consumable items, a table runner is not covered (we suggest
using a simple table cloth from home instead). Shirts and literature
stand is covered. I'm comfortable with approving $200 toward
non-consumables (as I you explain that your chapter has spent $300 of
your $500).
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Exhibition_Pack#Regional_Starter_Kit