[Marketing] OSGeo Flyer future

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:39:17 PDT 2014

Hi Astrid,
Looking back over the Marketing website[1], I see that almost all our
material (apart from OSGeo-Live) is out of date. (The site would benefit
a lot from a bit of a clean up, archiving all the old material).

With regards to fliers, my experience at OSGeo Booths is that it is not
valuable to have many fliers at a stand.
You are better to have only one flier, which contains a URL to the OSGeo
website, and OSGeo-Live project, where people can find the extra
information.
We did have a 2 sided A4 flier, but I can't seem to find it.

You can often do better just having a laptop running OSGeo-Live, and
point people at the documentation if they ask. (The can search for
OSGeo-Live on the web later).

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Committee

--
Cameron Shorter,