[Marketing] marketing foss4g 2016: materials and infrastructure

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Sat Nov 21 10:25:46 PST 2015

HI marketing committee (and possibly other marketeers),

In the preparations for FOSS4G 2016 we are gathering ideas for marketing
materials.

Across our minds came items such as:

- beermats (with OSGeo logo) - to be distributed in the café in Bonn!

- Rubik cube's (with osgeo logo, and logos of projects), for sale

- RFID card blocking card holder

We even thought of starting an OSGeo webshop for this!

All of these could be made in FOSS4G 2016 editions, but are also possible in
a more generic OSGeo-style.

We would like to hear what the generic OSGeo marketing ambitions are. If
that's close to zero, we'll focus on 2016-specifc marketing.

(Perhaps this generic marketing ambition is subject to change depending on
the outcome of the Board's face2face meeting in January?)

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan