[Marketing] Reframe of the discussion: [Board] Mandate and Budget request Marketing Committee

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Dec 15 06:59:02 PST 2016

Actually I have always been a strong promoter of refactoring/refreshing
OSGeo website which looks really sad to me. And I still want a new
website.. but not at the proposed costs...

The point is that 75k is really crazy...
The whole 1 year OSGeo budget for marketing only? No kidding...

50k for design the new website? It really cost 6 months/man work to do it?
...and with a salary of 100k a year I expect a professional web designer...

I would expect at least a full breakdown of costs to motivate such a
request.

As always this is just another point of view, my angle of course...

Maxi