[Marketing] Hello

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun May 29 05:24:23 PDT 2016

Hi Guido,
Listing geospatial events is a good idea. I've seen a number of similar
initiates start, but not stand the test of time.
Like any web page, the challenge is ensuring it remains continually up
to date. This can be done by either having static content, or finding
someone (or some people) willing to keep the content up to date.
It also helps to lots of people referencing the material, which in turn
leads to attracting volunteers to keep the site up to date.
Warm regards, Cameron

On 25/05/2016 10:08 am, Guido Stein wrote:
> Perhaps we a cimpler site that is a little more inviting to the public
> for listing the events?
>
> Here is a mockup I put together... what do you think?
>
> geospatial.events
>
> -Guido
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 2:12 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com
> <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     One thing I notice on twitter is regional foss4g events taking
>     place that could use some love, Jeff McKenna is doing a great job
>     asking for photos and retweeting logos.
>
>     We have also just had the "osgeo community
>     <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects>" projects
>     go live on the website <http://www.osgeo.org>, so it is time to
>     make a press release or blog post explaining what that is about.
>
>     --
>     Jody Garnett
>
>     On 19 May 2016 at 10:19, Guido Stein <guido at guidostein.com
>     <mailto:guido at guidostein.com>> wrote:
>
>         Thanks, I'll check them out.
>
>         Is there a list of priorities for things that need to get updated?
>
>         -Guido
>
>         On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:05 PM Alex M
>         <tech_dev at wildintellect.com
>         <mailto:tech_dev at wildintellect.com>> wrote:
>
>             On 05/19/2016 09:59 AM, Guido Stein wrote:
>             > I would be happy to help out with some work on building
>             regular material
>             > for distribution within the community.
>
>             Previous materials:
>             https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/browser/marketing
>
>             In my experience a blog,
>
>             http://planet.osgeo.org/
>

>             newsletter,
>             > or regular update
>
>             https://journal.osgeo.org/index.php/journal
>
>             can go a long way towards making the people feel
>             > connected to the community.
>
>             Feel free to jump in and help update and improve any of those.
>
>             Thanks,
>             Alex

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager